Building a new home is one of the most important and exciting times in your life. There are many steps and decisions to be made along the way, so we put together this Guide to the Value Build Construction Process to walk you through it.
Meet the Team
Every Value Build homeowner is assigned a Construction Team. Here are the members:
- New Home Designer – Assists you with your new home design and selecting the interior and exterior finishes of your new home.
- Start Coordinator – Once you have signed the purchase agreement, your start coordinator will coordinate the construction loan closing and permits.
- Field Construction Manager – Primary point of contact once construction begins on your home. They will manage the building process.
Step 1: Understand Your Buying Power
Before jumping into anything, Value Build always establishes your buying power. This initial meeting with one of our preferred lenders allows you to have a better understanding of different programs available, the lending process, and most importantly, your buying power. You will come out of this meeting confident about your budget and which Value Build designs you can choose from.
Step 2: Identify and Evaluate Your Land Situation
If you have land, we will provide a free evaluation of your property, so we can offer guidance on building your dream home on the lot. No land? No problem. Our Land Specialist can connect you to our Realtor Partners so you can find the perfect lot to build on.
Step 3: Designing Your Home
At Value Build, we don’t just ask you which floor plan you want, we ask you things like, “Where do you spend dinner?” Because we want to understand how you live. These in-depth questions help us to develop an existing floor plan or create a new one that truly fits your family’s needs. During this step of the process, we will also make the design selections that will make your new Value Build house a home.
We use quality construction materials in every home we build, including:
- Engineered Roof Truss with 6/12 roof pitch and Architectural Shingles
- Seamless gutters and downspouts
- 16″ on center interior studs
- 32″ high foundation with brick ribbon
- Moisture resistant tongue and groove OSB Subfloor that is nailed, screwed and glued
- Single hung vinyl windows with low E glass
- Sherwin Williams Paint
- Delta Faucets
- Aristokraft Cabinets
Step 4: Finalizing Your Home
We know that things change, and people change their minds, so we have a final meeting to be sure that windows are placed correctly, the backsplash is in the right pattern, and all the details of your new home are just perfect before you close on your construction loan.
Step 5: Building Your Home
The construction portion is just one step of our build process! Now you’ve arrived at the construction step fully prepared and confident with your home selection. Our skilled home building specialists, under the guidance of our Construction Manager, will create your home, within budget, and on schedule.
Want to get an inside look at what the construction process is like? Meet Terry, a Value Build New Home Designer. He will walk you through an in-construction custom home in this video, so you can see exactly what it’s like.
Here are some milestones you can expect during the construction phase:
- Cleared Lot — We make sure your land is prepared for the foundation.
- Foundation — Every Value Build home is built on a strong foundation.
- Framing — This is when we build “the bones” of your home.
- Mechanical Rough-ins — This is when we add in your rough electrical wires, plumbing, and HVAC
- Pre Drywall Meeting – You and your Field Construction Manager will walk through the home to make sure everything is where it needs to be before sheetrock is hung. Things like where light switches and outlets will be, where the washer/dryer hook up is, etc.
- Sheetrock Hung — Now your home is starting to take shape.
- Cabinet Install — Your kitchen is looking like a kitchen now!
- Walk Through and Final Sign Off – You and your Field Construction Manager will do a final walk through of the home to make sure it is ready to move in. The Field Construction Manager will show you how everything works.
And remember—when your home is done, clear your calendar because when we promise a finish day, we stick to it!
Step 6: Move Into Your Dream House
Finally, the day you and your family have been looking forward to has finally arrived! You are now the owner of your beautiful, new dream house. And, while this is the end of the construction process, it is not the end of our commitment to you. After you move in, Value Build Homes will stand behind any building concerns with our 10-year structural warranty
Are you ready to get started on the path to your new home? Contact Us, and we will set up that initial meeting. We can’t wait to hear from you!